We are a fellowship of Christians who are called together to love and serve God, our community, and our world. We worship together on Sundays, and have various other special events, as well as small groups for study and ministry. Our building is 2 Mount Street, Digby, at the corner of Montague Row. We were founded here in Digby, Nova Scotia, Canada, in 1839. We welcome you. Call us at 902-245-2113. email@example.com
We have resumed worship together on Sundays. The protocols to follow are listed below the calendar of events:
Appropriate physical distancing of 6 feet (2m) is to be practiced by all as we enter, stay in and leave the Church building. Family units and bubble units should travel and sit together at church.
A few things to keep in mind:
– There will be a limit of fifty (50) people in the sanctuary at one time.
– Entrants to the Church must enter through the main doors on Mount Street.
– Everyone must use hand sanitizer upon entering, which will be provided at the door.
– Masks will be required, while entering or spending any time in the building. Those publicly speaking may remove them to do so.
– Greeters will take note of everyone’s name and contact information.
– Offerings can be placed in the receptacle as you enter.
– Bulletins are available to be picked up at the back of the sanctuary.
– Every third (3rd) pew will be used to maintain physical distancing.
– Please talk to one another from your place in the pews; do not linger in the entryways, halls or aisles.
– There will not be Sunday School at this time. Kits will be provided for use in the pews.
– Washrooms will remain closed. They are available for emergency use only, to be used at your own risk.
Please do not attend if you are showing any symptoms associated with COVID-19. These may include new or worsening: fever, cough, sore throat, headache, shortness of breath, muscle aches, sneezing, nasal congestion or runny nose, hoarse voice, diarrhea, unusual fatigue, loss of sense of smell or taste, lesions on the feet, toes or fingers without clear cause. (Diagnosed chronic conditions are exempt). Also, if you have traveled outside of Atlantic Canada in the last 14 days or been in contact with a suspected case, we ask that you stay home.
For those not yet comfortable returning to the church building some of the service will still be available online, in the Sermon/Worship Blog. It will be posted Sunday afternoon.
The Purpose of this Church as a part of the Body of Christ is to proclaim the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, to cultivate the discipline of worship, to motivate men, women and children into active service for their Lord, and to be an instrument through which the Gospel may speak to all people in their individual and collective needs.
To reach out to those in the church and community conveying the message of Jesus Christ through preaching and teaching with hearts of compassion and loving hands in service.
To build our church based on the teachings of Christ and on the ideals of giving, living, and serving.